OUR TERMS WITH YOU
Please find below details of all of our terms and conditions
- Agreement to these terms forms a binding contract as set out in clause 3
- We reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 4.
- You agree to pay Us for Services We provide under these Terms once a contract is formed between us, in accordance with Clause 8 and 9. This includes any additional charges as laid out in the aforementioned clauses.
- If You are arranging for a Third Party to pay for Your services on Your behalf, they will be bound by these same Terms, as stated in Clause 10.
- You may cancel this contract within 14 days of sign-up in accordance with Your statutory rights. Beyond that time, cancellation will be in accordance with the Terms set out in Clause 14.
- If there is a requirement for repair or maintenance to any of the Services We agree to provide, payment expectation from You will be suspended under Clause 5.4 until this is rectified. You will not be expected to pay for Us to repair Your Services under Clause 7.1, unless an appointment is missed or damage is caused willfully.
- If/when Your Contract with Us ends or is cancelled by either party, We reserve the right to retain any amount or Deposit for outstanding Fees as set out in Clauses 14 & 15. If Your account is in credit at the end of Your contract, We will return surplus funds to You as shown in Clauses 14 & 15
- You consent under these Terms that We are able to pass Your details on to third parties providing services for You, without limiting Your statutory right to object as shown in Clause 17.
1. Our Identity
Huddle Utilities Ltd are a company providing utilities, telecoms and other services registered in England & Wales, Company Number 09380853. Our Company’s registered office is at:
239 Regents Park Road
Acceptance: Accepting the Order documents [for the single bundle of services provided to that Property]. This must be done by all Customers before You can begin receiving Huddle services.
Agents/Engineers: Agents or engineers appointed by Huddle to assist in providing Services, including but not limited to; installation to provide Services, meter reading, repair, upgrade or removal of meters and other equipment relating to Huddle’s provision of Services.
Customer: A single Tenant or group of Tenants who occupy the Property, the Owner of that Property or a letting agent acting on on behalf of the property owner.
Deposit: The amount a Customer must pay as a security for Huddle to supply the Services
Event Outside Our Control: is defined in Clause 12;
Fees: The amount You must pay for the Services provided to You by Huddle Utilities Ltd, which are calculated in accordance with these Terms, Our pricing sheet and those prices provided to You by updates and notifications from time to time as agreed
Initial Cancellation Period: The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 give Customers the right to cancel a contract within 14 days of sign up without giving reason
Meter: the devices and equipment used for measuring Your Utilities usage.
Minimum Term: is the minimum period that each Service will be provided to the Property as specified in the Order contract. This will commence from the date Huddle begins providing Services to You.
Owner: The overall Owner of the Property, whether freehold, leasehold or licensor in relation to the Customer.
Order: Your order for the Services as set out on the Order documentation and communications between us
Packages: The pre-packaged Utilities and Services bundles for Customers
Product: The package and product We create for You to provide Services, as set out in any Order;
Property: The property to which Huddle will provide Services.
Services: The services that We are providing to You as set out in the Order; this can include different combinations of services or standard packages
Supplier(s): Any third party supplier Huddle uses to supply Customers with Services.
Tenant: Customers who are tenants or occupiers of a Property
Terms: the terms and conditions set out in this document; and the Order documents confirming the nature and form of the contract between the Customer and Huddle.
Third Party Finance Provider: An individual or company the Customer uses to pay their Fees and who guarantees the Customer’s financial/payment obligations under these Terms and Order documents.
We/Us/Our: Reference to Huddle Utilities Ltd
Website: Reference to www.huddle.uk.com
Utilities: Utilities relevant to student letting and accommodation, e.g. gas, electricity, water.
You/Your: Reference to the Customer
- When We use the words "writing" or "written" in these Terms, this will include e-mail otherwise stated.
3. The Contract With You
The Contract with You
- These are the terms and conditions under which We supply Services to You.
- Please ensure that You read these Terms carefully, and check that the details on the Order and in these Terms are complete and accurate, before You sign or agree to the Order. If You think that there is a mistake, please contact Us to discuss.
- When You sign and submit the Order to Us, this does not mean We have accepted Your order for Services. Our acceptance of the Order will take place as described in clause 3.4. If We are unable to supply You with the Services, We will inform You of this and We will not process the Order.
- These Terms will become binding on You and Us when We contact You and confirm in writing that We are able to provide You with the Services required. At this point, a binding contract will come into existence between Us.
- By submitting the Order to Us, You accept responsibility for the Order in full. We have the right to bill You in full for the Order until other Tenants agree to Our Terms.
- If any of these Terms conflict with any term of the Order, the Order will take priority.
- We shall assign a unique 6-digit number to each Order and inform You of it when confirming the Order. Please quote this number in all subsequent correspondence and dealings with Us
- If Customers have any existing Utilities and Service providers that will be replaced by Our services, You may need to contact Your existing Services provider(s) in order to terminate those Services. Your existing Services providers may charge cancellation fees in relation to their contract with You for this, for which We accept no liability.
4. Changes to Order or Terms
Changes to Order or Terms
- We reserve the right to revise these Terms from time to time in the following circumstances:
- Changes occur in relevant laws and regulatory requirements
- We deem this appropriate in relation to Our business.
- If We have to revise these Terms under Clause 4.1, We will give You at least one month's written notice of any changes to these Terms before they take effect. You can choose to cancel the contract in accordance with clause 13.
- You may make a change to the Order for Services at any time before the start date of the Services by contacting Us. Where this means a change in the total price of the Services, We will notify You of the amended price in writing. You can choose to cancel the Order in accordance with clause 14.1 in these circumstances.
- If You wish to cancel an Order before it has been fulfilled, please see Your right to do so in clause 14.
5. Providing the Services
Providing the Services
- We will make Our best efforts to supply the Services to You from the date agreed between Us in writing, provided that at least two separate tenants have valid payment details registered on Our system. The estimated start time for providing Services will vary between the types of Service. We will not provide any utilities to new houses until a minimum of two cards are registered. For deemed houses, we will only supply gas and electricity until two cards are registered.
- We will make every effort to connect and supply the Services on time. Please ensure You do not miss any installation visits from Our Agents/Engineers. We reserve the right to charge reasonable associated administration costs if You miss installation visits as laid out in Clause 8. However, there may be delays if;
- Existing suppliers prevent Us from moving Your Services
- We do not have all of the necessary information/You have provided Us with incorrect information We need from You to move Your Services to us
- An Event Outside Our Control. See clause 13 for Our responsibilities when an Event Outside Our Control occurs
- We will need certain information from You that is necessary for Us to provide the Services. This will be made clear on any Order forms and contracts. If You do not provide Us with this information, or provide incomplete or incorrect information, We may make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to cover any extra work that is required and reserve the right to suspend the Services by giving You written notice. We will not be liable for any delay or non-performance where You have not provided this information to Us after We have asked. If we suspend the Services due to this, You do not have to pay for the Services while they are suspended (Clause 5.3), but this does not affect Your obligation to pay for any invoices already sent.
- Repair/Maintenance/Suspension - We may have to suspend the Services while resolving technical problems, or to make improvements to the Services which have been agreed between You and Us in writing. We will contact You to let You know in advance where this occurs, unless the problem is urgent or is classified as an emergency. You do not have to pay for the Services while they are suspended under this Clause 5.4, but this does not affect Your obligation to pay for any invoices already sent.
- The cost of Services will vary depending on the package agreed between Us in writing for each Order. The individual cost breakdown for services will be provided to You in writing as part of any Order negotiations. Reference can made to the tariffs section of Our terms (Section 23).
- Where We are providing Services to You, Your extent to use Utilities and Services will be estimated in the Order contract (see the tariffs section of Our terms (Section 23) for an indication of usage allowances). If it becomes apparent that You (or Your Customers) have exceeded these estimated usages, We reserve the right under these Terms and any Order contract to charge You the relevant Fees or pass onto You any additional charges incurred from third party Utilities or Services providers.
- If You do not pay Us for the Services when arranged as set out in clause 9, We may suspend the Services with immediate effect until any outstanding amounts have been paid in full (except where You dispute an invoice under clause 9.4). This does not affect Our right to charge You interest under clause 9.2.
- If We design a Package which You agree to purchase, We will own the copyright, trade mark(s) and all other intellectual property rights in the Package and any drafts, drawings, images or illustrations We make in connection with it.
- We reserve the right to ask Customers to pay a Deposit as part of any Order made with Us. You must pay this by the requested date.
- You may be required to pay Us a deposit which is equal to 1 month’s payment of Fees for Services. This will be returned to You following termination of a contract incorporating Your Order and/or these Terms. However, We reserve the right to use any Deposit monies to make up any shortfall in the Fees owed to Us.
- When multiple Customers share Tenancy for the same Property, each Customer will be asked to pay a fair proportion of the overall Deposit amount, to be determined by Us as part of any Order for Services.
7. Defects with the Service
Defects with the Service
- In the unlikely event that there is any defect with the Services;
- Please contact Us as soon as reasonably possible;
- We will use every effort to repair or fix the defect as soon as reasonably practicable, subject to third party Services and Utilities providers
- You will not have to pay for Us to repair or fix a defect with the Services under this clause 7.1, except where an appointment is missed or damage is caused willfully or by negligence
- As a consumer, You have legal rights in relation to Services not carried out with reasonable skill and care, or if the materials and equipment We use are faulty or not as described. Advice about Your legal rights is available from Your local Citizens Advice Bureau, Ombudsman or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect Your legal rights.
- The price of the Services will be indicated in Our tariff guide at the time We confirm Your Order (see the tariffs section of Our terms (Section 23)e. In addition, We will maintain a price listwhich will be available to You at the point We take payment or provide a statement of payment and Fees which are due. Our prices may change at any time and We reserve the right to change these as appropriate. This will be communicated in writing to You. Price changes will not affect Orders that We have already confirmed with you.
- These prices include VAT. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of the Order and the date of delivery or performance, We will adjust the rate of VAT that You pay, unless You have already paid for the Services in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
Gas and electricity
The prices We charge for supplying gas and electricity are set out in Our tariffs on Our website.The amount is worked out in kilowatt hours. Our tariffs may also include a standing charge or other charge for a meter/other metering equipment at Your property.
When You start a contract with Huddle You will pay an amount monthly in advance as per a payment plan (which will be based on an estimate of the gas and electricity consumption at Your property). You will only be charged for the energy You use, and We will then reconcile this payment plan with Your actual energy usage and settle the difference at the end of Your contract.
Water and sewerage
The fees will be calculated and set by the relevant water and sewerage supplier(s) and We will pass the fees on at cost plus an administrative fee per tenant as set out in Our tariffs on Our website. We will charge You monthly on a water and sewerage payment plan (which will be an estimate of the water and sewerage usage at Your property). We will then reconcile this payment plan with Your actual water usage and settle the difference at the end of Your contract.
The fees will be calculated in accordance with the cost of activating Your broadband, the broadband line rental which is monthly in advance and the cost of ceasing Your broadband as set out in Our prices page on Our website. In most instances, where You keep the appointments, We will not charge You for installation.
Cancelling Your internet:
You can cancel Your internet free of charge any time up to 48 hours before the start of Your installation appointment. If You give Us less than 48 hours notice, a charge of up to £60 may be applied to Your account. Once the internet has been installed, You have entered a contract to keep the internet for the length of Your tenancy. Cancelling the internet once it is installed leads to, apart from in exceptional circumstances, high cancellation fees. These charges, which are applied by the internet provider, will be passed directly on to the tenants.
The fees will be calculated monthly in advance in accordance with the cost of purchasing Your TV licence from the TV Licensing authority on behalf of the British Broadcasting Corporation. Any TV licence purchased will be chargeable for a twelve month period except in exceptional circumstances.
Missed appointment fee
If you do not give Us 2 working days notice that You cannot make an appointment where Our agents or engineers are due to attend Your property, We will charge You a missed appointment fee. This will be the amount it costs Us to rearrange the appointment and will be passed on directly from the provider. If an engineer appointment is considered to be "failed" or arranged unnecessarily (for example if a fault is caused by wilful neglect or damage, or by user error) then We may be charged for this by Our providers. In this circumstance, We reserve the right to pass these charges on to You in full.
Failed Payment Fee
If Your monthly or termly scheduled payment fails, We will try to take the payment again within 7 calendar days. We will warn You about the failure via text and / or email. If the reattempt fails as well, We may apply a £10 failed payment fee on Your account. Where a balance has been outstanding for more than 7 weeks from the arranged payment date, a £20 administration fee will be applied to Your account
- Where We are providing Services to You, We may ask You to make an advance payment for 1 Month of the Services. Your rights to a refund on cancellation are set out in Clauses 14 and 15.
- If You do not make any payment due to Us by the due date for payment, We may charge interest to You on the overdue amount at the rate of 3% a year above the base lending rate of HSBC. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay Us interest together with any overdue amount.
- If after discussions You are unable to pay Our fees, or You do not contact Us if You are unable to make Your payments, We reserve the right to instruct debt collection agents to collect the outstanding fees on Our behalf. Should this take place, You will have to pay an extra amount to cover the reasonable costs of the debt collection agents, with the applicable VAT
- However, if You dispute an invoice amount in good faith and contact Us to let Us know promptly, this clause will not apply for the period of the dispute.
- Where multiple Customers share a tenancy at a Property and one Customer ends their tenancy at that Property after the Initial Cancellation Period, that Customer must inform Us immediately and no later than 30 days after ending their tenancy. It will be that Customers’ responsibility to continue paying their Fees to Us unless:
- The other Customers at that Property agree to pay the departing Customers’ proportion of the Fees, informing Huddle Utilities; or
- A replacement Customer agrees to take over the tenancy at that Property under these Terms and those of the Order contract to continue paying Our Fees
- In either situation, We will notify all other Customers continuing to pay for Services in writing of any changes of this nature.
- We reserve the right to withhold the Deposit or proportion of Deposit from the departing Customer until such amendments to payment are agreed in writing.
- If Your agreed scheduled payment fails, we reserve the right to continue to attempt the payment until successful or an alternative schedule is put in place.
10. Third Party Finance Providers
Third Party Finance Providers
- Any Third Party Finance Provider will be supplied with and required to accept these terms and any Order contract agreed with the Customer on whose behalf they are paying.
- The effect of Clause 10.1 is to make all terms applicable to the Customer apply to their Third Party Finance Provider
11. Property Owner as Customer
Property Owner as Customer
- If a Customer is the Owner of the Property and is paying fees on behalf of Tenants, they must ensure that their Tenants comply with these terms and those of any Order contract under which we agree to provide Utilities and Services.
- If the Customer is an appointed agent of the Property’s Owner, they must confirm to Us in writing that they have full authority to enter into contracts on behalf of the Property’s Owner for Services.
12. Our Liability To You
Our Liability to You
- If We fail to comply with these Terms, We are responsible for loss or damage You suffer that is a foreseeable result of Our breach of the Terms or Our negligence, but We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Losses or damages are foreseeable if they are an obvious consequence of Our breach or if they were contemplated by You and Us at the time We entered into this contract. This responsibility of liability to You will be limited to £[X] [amount specified by insurer].
- If We are providing Services in Your Property, We will make good any damage to Your Property caused by Us in the course of installation or performance. However, We are not responsible for the cost of repairing any pre-existing faults or damage to Your Property that We discover in the course of installation and/or performance by Us.
- We only supply the Services for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose, and We have no liability to You for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity, howsoever or wheresoever arising
- We do not exclude or limit in any way Our liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or the negligence of Our employees, agents or subcontractors;
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- Breach of the terms implied by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (title and quiet possession);
- Breach of the terms implied by sections 3, 4 and 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples)
- Defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
13. Events Outside of Our Control
Events Outside of Our Control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of Our obligations under these Terms that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control.
- An Event Outside Our Control is any act or event beyond Our reasonable control, including without limitation: strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of Our obligations under these Terms:
- We will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- Our obligations under these Terms will be suspended and the time for performance of Our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects Our performance of Services to you, We will restart the Services as soon as reasonably possible after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- You may cancel the contract if an Event Outside Our Control takes place and you no longer wish Us to provide the Services. Please see your cancellation rights under clause 14. We will only cancel the contract if the Event Outside Our Control continues for longer than 30 days in accordance with Our cancellation rights in clause 15.
14. Your Rights To Cancel
Your Rights to Cancel and Applicable Refund
Before We begin to provide the Services, You have the following rights to cancel an Order for Services, including where You choose to cancel because We are affected by an Event Outside Our Control or if We change these Terms under clause 4.1 to your material disadvantage:
- You may cancel any Order for Services within 14 calendar days of placing an Order by contacting Us by visiting Our Contact page. We will confirm your cancellation in writing to You.
- If You cancel an Order under clause 14.1(a) and You have made any payment in advance for Services that have not been provided to You, We will refund these amounts to You within 14 days of receiving Your cancellation notification.
- However, if You cancel an Order for Services under clause 14.1(a) and We have already started work on Your Order or providing Services by that time, You will pay Us any costs We reasonably incurred in starting to fulfil the Order, and this charge will be deducted from any refund that is due to You or, if no refund is due to You, invoiced to You. We will tell You what these costs are when You contact Us. However, where You have cancelled an Order because of Our failure to comply with these Terms (except where We have been affected by an Event Outside Our Control), You do not have to make any payment to Us.
- After 14 calendar days of placing signing and Order contract with Us Your Initial Cancellation Period will end.
- After the Initial Cancellation Period and once We have begun to provide the Services to You, You may cancel the contract for the Services at any time by providing Us with at least 30 calendar days notice in writing. Any advance payment You have made for Services that have not been provided will be refunded to You.
- If You end this contract within the Minimum Term but after the cancellation period or without providing the correct notice, We reserve the right to charge cancellation fees as compensation for the breach.
- Once We have begun to provide the Services to You, You may cancel the contract for Services with immediate effect by giving Us written notice if:
- We break this contract in any material way and We do not correct or fix the situation within 30 days of You asking Us to in writing;
- We go into liquidation, or a receiver or an administrator is appointed over Our assets;
- We change these Terms under clause 4.1 to Your material disadvantage;
- We are affected by an Event Outside Our Control.
- If after You cancel or terminate a contract under these Terms and those of any Order, it becomes apparent that You are in debit to Us, We reserve the right to withhold any Deposit paid to Us and to demand payment of the balance for Fees relating to Services (or a proportion of the Services) We provided to You. Conversely, if You are in credit after the cancellation or termination of an agreement to provide Services, We will refund the amount within 30 days.
15. Our Rights To Cancel
Our Rights to Cancel and Applicable Refund
- We may have to cancel an Order before the start date for the Services, due to an Event Outside Our Control or the unavailability of key personnel or key materials without which We cannot provide the Services. We will promptly contact You if this happens.
- If We have to cancel an Order under clause 15.1(a) and You have made any payment in advance for Services that have not been provided to You, We will refund these amounts to You.
- Where We have already started work on Your Order for Services by the time We have to cancel under clause
We will not charge You anything and You will not have to make any payment to Us.
- Once We have begun to provide the Services to You, We may cancel the contract for the Services at any time by providing You with at least 30 calendar days notice in writing. If You have made any payment in advance for Services that have not been provided to You, We will refund these amounts to You.
- We may cancel the contract for Services at any time with immediate effect by giving you written notice if:
- You do not pay Us when You are supposed to as set out in Clause 9.3. This does not affect Our right to charge You interest under Clause 9.4; or
- You break the contract in any other material way and You do not correct or fix the situation within 14 days of Us asking You to in writing.
- If after We cancel or terminate a contract under these Terms and those of any Order, it becomes apparent that You are in debit to Us, We reserve the right to withhold any Deposit paid to Us and to demand payment of the balance for Fees relating to Services (or a proportion of the Services) We provided to You. Conversely, if You are in credit after the cancellation or termination of an agreement to provide Services, We will refund the amount within 30 days.
16. Contacting Huddle
Contacting Huddle Utilities Ltd
If You have any questions or complaints, please contact Us. You can do so by e-mailing Us at email@example.com or by phone at 0113 8800 853 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm)
If You wish to contact Us in writing, or if any clause in these Terms requires You to give Us notice in writing (for example, to cancel the contract), You can send this to Us by e-mail, by hand, or by pre-paid post to:
Huddle Utilities Limited,
239 Regents Park Road,
We will confirm receipt of this by contacting You in writing. If We have to contact You or give you notice in writing, We will do so by e-mail, by hand, or by pre-paid post to the address You provide to Us in the Order
17. Data Protection and Use of Your Information
Data Protection and Use of Your Information
- We will use the personal information You provide to Us to:
- Provide the Services;
- Process Your payment for such Services;
- You agree that We may pass your personal information (or those of Your Third Party Finance Provider) to credit reference agencies and that they may keep a record of any search that they do.
- You consent under these Terms to Us passing Your personal details to third parties within the UK who may be able to assist You with additional relevant services. This does not affect Your statutory rights to object to this, provided You communicate this to Us in writing when making an Order contract or thereafter.
More details of Our data protection policy can be found here.
18. Token Meter Usage
Token Meter Usage for Fees
- Certain Properties may still be using Token Meters to calculate Utility or Services usage. Generally, We do not cover utilities provided by token meters, so if Your house has a token meter We will remove it from Your payment plan. In extenuating circumstances where we cover the use of a token meter, You will be provided with a means to make prepayments. You must keep the relevant payment device provided by Us safe. Failure to do so may result in additional costs and fees for You to replace the payment device.
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that they maintain sufficient credit on their Token Meter for their usage of Utilities and Services.
- At the end of Your Order contract with Us, We reserve the right to retain any excess credit to cover outstanding Fees You owe. Should there be any excess credit on Your meter account, We will refund this to You without request
19. Credit Meter Usage
Smart Meter Usage for Fees
- We will make every effort to send notifications if You go over Your energy allowance, and provide You with handy energy-saving tips. Please note that We are not liable for energy usage within properties and the ultimate responsibility to use energy in a reasonable way lies with the customer. A usage breakdown for the property is available to all customers in their online account and it is the customer’s responsibility to monitor their usage appropriately.
- We encourage You to submit regular meter readings throughout the year and from these, we will be better able to monitor Your usage and inform You whether You are under or over the allowance covered in Your payment plan. Failure to do this may result in missed warnings.
- The purpose of Smart Meters is for both You and Us to review usage of Services and take accurate readings. However, even where a smart meter is installed, regular meter readings will still need to be sent to us.
- Likewise, We will collect information from Your Smart Meter and You agree that We can obtain and record as necessary to manage Your Utilities usage. We will use these readings as a basis to calculate and charge Fees.
- If a Property does not have a Smart Meter installed and We believe it is necessary, We will bear the cost of installation through use of Our Agents/Engineers. If there is no Smart Meter installed and the Customer desires this, We may add this additional cost to Your Fees, subject to discussion and agreement with You.
20. Deemed Contracts
- A Deemed Contract is a contract between You and Us which is deemed to have been formed on the terms of this Agreement because We supply Services to a property of which you are Tenant or Owner, when You have not actively agreed to that Service by us.
- This includes when You do not take any action to move supplier at the beginning of Your occupation of the Property or at the end of Your agreed Order with Us.
- In such instances an Order will be deemed to be between Us and one Tenant or Owner until We are contacted by another Customer.
21. Final Statements
Upon completion of the tenancy, You are entitled to request a final statement outlining Your house’s total usage for the year and reconciling this with payments that You have made. We will make every effort to complete this process within three months of the request, however, we reserve the right to extend this time in a manner we deem appropriate in relation to Our business.
This includes but is not limited to,
- The late receipt of bills from suppliers
- Missing or disputed meter readings
- Intervention from a 3rd party representative/ombudsman
Your rights to cancel
- If the whole household would like to move out early, we will need written consent from the landlord or letting agency that you are no longer responsible for the bills at the property.
- As part of Our commitment to provide high quality customer service, We endeavour to deal with any complaints submitted to Us in writing in a fair and expedient manner. Please email Our Complaints Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete this complaint form and We will resolve Your complaint as quickly and efficiently as We are able
- If You feel that We have failed to manage a complaint to Your satisfaction within Our internal complaints management procedures, there are a range of additional options open to You under Our Complaints Management Policy (e.g. Huddle Utilities Limited is a member of the Ombudsman Scheme)
23. Additional Terms
Additional Important Terms
- We may transfer Our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation, and We will always notify You in writing if this happens, but this will not affect Your rights or Our obligations under these Terms.
- You may only transfer Your rights or Your obligations under these Terms to another person if We agree in writing.
- This contract is between You and Us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999
- When You take Our water service, You agree that You authorise Us to act on Your behalf with the water and sewerage suppliers from the requested start date until either the service or these terms end.
We will register Your property with the relevant water and sewerage suppliers and pay for Your water and sewerage at Your property from the requested start date until either the service or these terms end.
We will pass all costs incurred at Your property from the water and sewerage suppliers onto You at the same price that We pay for it plus a nominal administration fee.
The owner of the property is responsible for any supply or quality issues at Your property, including repairing and maintaining Your part of the water service piping.
You agree to comply with the standard terms and conditions of the water and sewerage supplier(s) that supply Your property with water and sewerage. If You have any queries, please contact Us at any time.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If We fail to insist that You perform any of Your obligations under these Terms, or if We do not enforce Our rights against You, or if We delay in doing so, that will not mean that We have waived Our rights against You and will not mean that You do not have to comply with those obligations. If We do waive a default by You, We will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that We will automatically waive any later default by You.
- These Terms and the terms of any Order contract are governed by the laws of England & Wales. You and We both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the England & Wales courts. However, if You are a resident of Northern Ireland You may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if You are a resident of Scotland, You may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
All of Our energy prices are quoted in pence per day per KWh and exclude VAT
These tariffs are valid for contracts starting on or after 1st July 2019
DOMESTIC GAS TARIFF (pence)
This tariff applies to customers joining Huddle via Our website or by completing a sign up form for a standard Huddle account
DOMESTIC ELECTRICITY TARIFFS (pence)
This tariff applies to customers joining Huddle via Our website or by completing a sign up form for a standard Huddle account
Your water bill will be incorporated into Your shared utility bill and the amount We charge You is the bill You would have received plus a weekly administration fee of £2.20 per house.
TV licence is a fixed price at £159.50 a year as charged by TV Licensing.
Broadband is charged at a fixed monthly amount as per the prices tables and include VAT. To view, click here.
25. Information required when registering a tenant
To prove a tenant is liable for billing over a period of time, a Tenancy Agreement alone will not suffice. We need full tenant name, Date of Birth, Mobile phone number, email address and alternative address. Should this information not be forthcoming, we will hold the landlord responsible for the duration of the period.